Deliverables The key deliverables of a SAM include the following:
- Point of contact within Pulse Secure to oversee the delivery of all entitled services in this offering
- Provide account set up assistance and ongoing account management to ensure that the End User has access to the service deliverables in this service offering and appropriate resources within Pulse Secure
- Have a kickoff meeting with the End User to provide information needed for the End User to receive entitled service deliverables such as user accounts setup, review of case notification process, case opening guidelines, case escalation process, key Pulse Secure contact information, and regular meeting schedule
- Ensure that the End User account is correctly set up internally within Pulse Secure to be able to open cases, download software, and manage licenses
- Provide a Service Support Plan, which includes the following:
- Pulse Secure Global Support Center User Guide
- Contact matrix for Pulse Secure and the End User, including escalation process
- End User device remote access procedure. Also, coordinate the agreement sign-off to receive access to End User’s network, if required
- Guidelines on any special outage procedure, if applicable, to ensure End User satisfaction
- End User information on how to use Pulse Secure support tools
- Track and plan all End User entitled service deliverables and provide a report to the End User on credit usage and balance
- Assist in service planning based on End User’s specific needs including setting up meetings with the account team as needed for planning of future projects
- Manage End User escalation related to service support, service readiness, and service planning, working with Pulse Secure internal delivery teams
- Conduct operational review meetings (onsite or remote) to discuss End User-specific product and service performance metrics such as cases, problem reports/bugs, Return Materials Authorizations (RMAs), related trends, and Services activities planned for the next quarter. Operational review meeting frequency to be set between End User and Service Manager (maximum 4 per year)
- Provide logistical and operational assistance working with Pulse Secure Logistics to coordinate all escalations on parts shipped back from the End User for failure, provide status updates, and drive issues with the global delivery organizations, as required, to ensure that the contract commitment is being met
- Provide proactive case planning, assistance in coordinating Pulse Secure Global Support Center resources, and relevant information for End User identified (pre- planned) events (e.g., software upgrade) to help ensure efficient response
Eligibility and Prerequisites Pulse Secure Support Account Manager (SAM) add-on is available for purchase only by End Users who have purchased a Pulse Secure Platinum Support contract. The SAM Services cover only Pulse Secure products for which the End User has an active Pulse Secure Platinum Support contract. The SAM Add-on is not available for purchase by Gold Support tier customers.
The SAM Services must be purchased for a term lasting at least 12 months.
End User Responsibilities
- Install, set up, and monitor the devices under contract.
- Determine and register the site ID associated with Pulse Secure Platinum Service Contract that has the SAM add-on with Pulse Secure, and provide an e-mail address of a primary contract for the site ID.
- Contact Pulse Secure and provide all of the required information to activate the Platinum Services and to enable the delivery of support Services, such as serial numbers of each system.
- Provide information on the current software releases running in the network and current configurations as and when requested by Pulse Secure to enable delivery of the SAM Services.
- Provide access to servers, equipment, information, logs, infrastructure, and resources that are necessary for the delivery of the Service.
- Designate at least two (2) but not more than six (6) senior technical representatives, who must be the primary technical interface to the designated contact of the Service Manager and other Pulse Secure services teams, if appropriate. The End User will designate contacts who are senior engineers with the authority to make any necessary changes to the network configuration.
- Participate in ongoing communications with Pulse Secure primary contact(s) who will help in the delivery of knowledge transfer and other proactive communications.
- Participate in meetings that are scheduled ahead of time to discuss service deliverables.
- Ensure that the requirements identified for the proper working of the Pulse Secure solution are in place. These requirements may be documented in the product documentation or user guides, or they may be additional recommendations communicated by the Pulse Secure team from time to time for proper delivery of Services.
- Understand that the End User’s employees interfacing with Pulse Secure support teams may be required to undergo a Pulse Secure recommended training to be able to support the product.
- Provide Pulse Secure with any information Pulse Secure may reasonably request about the execution of the Services throughout the delivery of Services. If third-party participation and cooperation are required for the performance of End User responsibilities, End User shall be responsible for getting such participation and cooperation.
- SAM Services are available globally excluding countries listed in Group E under the U.S. Export Administration regulations, which are currently Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria and any other countries as to which the furnishing of such Services may be prohibited. However, certain advance replacement and onsite services are not available in certain countries. Services deliverables are available in English only.
- The Service Manager is available during his/her local business hours Monday through Friday, excluding Pulse Secure observed holidays.
- AMERICAS: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- EMEA: 9a.m.to5p.m.
- APAC: 9a.m.to5p.m.
- These Services are available for a minimum fixed duration of 12 months.
- The scope of Services is limited to the Pulse Secure products and services purchased and in use by the End User.
- Services shall be delivered remotely from an authorized Pulse Secure location unless stated otherwise.
- End User named contacts who can open cases with Expert to Expert Access and interface with Service Manager are limited to six (6).
- All service deliverables in this offering are available in English only.
Ordering InformationFor ordering information, please contact your local Pulse Secure Partner or Pulse Secure field sales manager.