This three-day course provides detailed coverage of the configuration of the Pulse Secure Virtual Application Delivery (vADC) solution. Students will work with Virtual Traffic Manager (vTM), Web Application Firewall, and Services Director.
Key areas include Virtual Traffic Manager deployment and configuration, basic implementation, and component configuration. Students will have the opportunity to apply their knowledge in several hands-on labs.
- Network Engineers
- Technical Support Specialists
- Implementation Consultants
- System Administrators
- DevOps Specialists
- Sales Engineers
- Must have experience with the TCP/IP protocol suite, including addressing and routing, and virtual LANs (VLANs).
- Must have familiarity with the Linux operating system.
- Students should have knowledge of basic scripting/programming concepts, e.g. Perl, Python
- Students should understand common application protocols such as HTTP and SMTP.
- Students must have completed the “Pulse Secure vADC Foundation” 2-day course.
Technical Expert Certification Exam
- This course prepares students for the requirements of the “Pulse Secure vADC – Administration and Configuration” Technical Expert Certification Exam.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: Deploy Traffic Manager
• Lab: Deploy a vTM Instance
Chapter 3: Traffic Manager Transaction Flow
• Lab: Configure a Virtual Service
Chapter 4: High Availability with Traffic IP Groups
• Lab: Clustering
• Lab: Configure Traffic IPs and Pools
Chapter 5: Layer 7 Protocol Support
Chapter 6: Managing Nodes and Failover
• Lab: Failover
Chapter 7: Monitoring and Logging
• Lab: Logging
Chapter 8: TrafficScript
• Lab: TrafficScript Rules
Chapter 9: Web Content Optimization
Chapter 10: User and System Management
Chapter 11: Bandwidth Management and Service Features
• Lab: Bandwidth Management
Chapter 12: Services Director
Chapter 13: Web Application Firewall
Chapter 14: Global Server Load Balancing (GSLB)
Chapter 15: IPv6